11 Convention Booth Supplies you need to Succeed
Ed Bradley once said, “Recognize that the harder you work and the better prepared you are, the more luck you might have.” When you are planning for a trade show or convention, being prepared is tantamount to your success. If you don’t have the right convention booth supplies, you are setting yourself up to fail.
Trade Show Exhibit by the Design Factory. Click here for more information.
11 Convention Booth Supplies you cannot be Without
1. Writing Implements – Some of the most important convention booth supplies include writing implements. Make sure that you always have permanent markers, pens, pencils, and erasers available so that you can write. Pencils and erasers can be helpful if you need to erase something, and permanent markers are very visible and will not rub off.
2. Fasteners – Many convention tips discuss the importance of having fasteners in your booth. Paper clips, rubber bands, staplers and staples, and other fastener types can be very useful at times, and you should make sure you have these if you need them.
3. Duct Tape – Duct tape can be one of the most essential convention booth supplies you can have, because this tape can be used for a wide range of purposes. You may want to tape down any electrical cords, put up display materials, or run into other issues that can be quickly remedied with duct tape.
One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop.
Source: G. Weilacher
4. An Emergency Hygiene and First Aid Kit – Your convention booth supplies should always include an emergency hygiene and first aid kit. This should include breath strips or mints, deodorant, medical supplies for minor injuries, over the counter pain and inflammation medications, and even products for heartburn or other common issues.
5. Folders and Note Pads – One of the best convention tips when it comes to supplies is to make sure that you have more than enough folders, note pads, and sticky notes. You may be surprised by how many of these items that you can use if you get busy. The last thing you want to do is run out and miss out on leads or product sales because you run out of these essential supplies.
6. A Variety of Common Hand Tools – One of the most important types of convention booth supplies that you may not think about until it is too late involves hand tools. Anyone who has ever forgotten these things can tell you how helpful it can be to have a hammer, pliers, and other basic hand tools available.
7. Electrical Strips and Extension Cords – Look for convention tips about the supplies that you should have at a trade show and you will see that some of the most common items which are needed at times are extension cords and electrical strips. These can help ensure that you have electricity where you need it no matter where you are on the floor.
8. Calculators – Calculators should always be added to your list of essential convention booth supplies. Make sure you have enough calculators for your staff and your visitors to use if they are needed. Mistakes in math are a frequent problem and a calculator can prevent these mistakes from occurring.
9. Extra Light Bulbs and Batteries in a Variety of Sizes – Your checklist of convention booth supplies to pack for each event should include light bulbs and batteries in various sizes, so that you are ready for anything that may happen.
10. Garbage Bags – One of the convention tips that can be very useful is to keep your area free from garbage at all times, and having garbage bags on your list of convention booth supplies can help you do this quickly and easily.
11. Duffel Bags or Suitcases — Even though, hopefully, you have given out most of your collateral material, it is easy to gather more items that need to travel back with you. Bringing an extra bag or suitcase will make it easy for you to return with absolutely everything you need.
If possible, arm yourself with an empty briefcase or duffel bag to stow materials.
What other convention booth supplies do you keep on hand during these events?