Yesterday was the CEO CFO Group monthly luncheon. This Las Vegas networking group is for senior level executives and prominent Las Vegas business people. Morton’s Steakhouse, at 400 E Flamingo, is the place to be for this Las Vegas meeting. 70 top Las Vegas decision makers were there to meet and mingle.
Richard Johnson, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, of The Smith Center for the Performing Arts was the guest speaker. Rick’s focus is completing the financing for the world-class facility, as well as developing financial systems and policies in anticipation of the construction and operation of the facility.
The business plan adopted 10 years ago has led to the on time and on budget success of both construction and fund raising. The Smith Center is scheduled to open in March of 2012. It will be a world-class cultural complex that will enable Southern Nevada to take its place on an international stage, celebrating artistic excellence, education, and culture from around the world.
Spotted at the Las Vegas networking event were:
- Gayle Anderson, Chief of Protocol, State of Nevada
- Frank Woodbeck, Director of Las Vegas Operations and NCED Workforce Inititatives, Nevada Commission on Economic Development
- David Lee, President, Assurance LTD
- Michele D. Tell-Woodrow, CEO/Creative Director, Preferred Public Relations
- Vida Chan Lin, President, Las Vegas Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Dale Affonso, Managing Director, RSM McGladrey
- Larry Scheffler, Head Crayon, Las Vegas Color Graphics
- John Scheffler, President, Las Vegas Color Graphics
- Guerin Senter, Founder and President, Firebird Financial
- Denny Weddle, President, Denny Weddle & Associates
- Lori Wilkinson, Vice President Sales and Marketing, Kreeft & LeGrow
- Doug Bradford, Center
Director, USO Las Vegas
- Chris Harvey, Managing Partner, Design Factory
- Chrisa Chen, Managing Partner, Design Factory
- Ken Miller, Director/Owner, K-tect Sustainable Building Systems
- Larry Olson, President, Les Olson Company
The CEO and founder of the CEO CFO Group, Frank Spady, closed the luncheon with a special tribute to our military and fallen soldiers and best wishes for a great and safe Memorial Day weekend.