The Indian National Finals Rodeo rides into Las Vegas
The final event of the 2011 Indian National Finals Rodeo (INFR) will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada at the South Point Hotel and Casino from November 8th—12th, 2011. Event organizers anticipat over 2,000 attendees.
With over 700 annual events and prizes in excess of $1 million, it is the biggest and longest-running rodeo organization in the world today. The Indian National finals Rodeo also works with youth rodeo associations around the nation.
On the way to Las Vegas the rodeo will be making stops in several cities beforehand. These cities include:
- Crow Agency, Montana – August 18th—21st
- Fort Hall, Idaho August 12th—14
- Kyle, South Dakota July 29th—31st
- Standoff, Alberta July 14th—17th
- Lame Deer, Montana July 1st—3rd
- Okmulgee, Oklahoma June 24th-25th
- Crow Agency, Montana June 23rd-26th
Last Years Indian National Finals Rodeo World Champions were:
- Bareback Riding – Cam Bruised Head
- Saddle Bronc – Jeremy Meeks
- Bull Riding – Dakota Louis
- Calf Roping – Brit Givens
- Steer Wrestling – Casey Stone
- Team Roping – Erich Rogers and Aaron Tsinigine
- Barrel Racing – Kassidy Dennison
- Break Away – Yolanda Nez
- Mens All Around – Joe Wilson
- Womens All Around – Kassidy Dennison
The Juinor Champions of the INFR:
- Jr. Steer Riding – Cleve Spang
- Jr. Barrels – Keira Simonson
- Jr. Break Away – Klay O’Daniel
INFR will establish a Hall of Fame this year. First year inductees will include the original founders and commissioners of the Indian National Finals Rodeo; Fred Gladstone, Bob Arrington, Pete Fredericks, Mel Sampson, Jay Harwood, and Dean Jackson.
The Hall of Fame ceremony and induction will take place during the Las Vegas event in November.
A Hall of Fame committee will be established to provide guidelines and nominations for the future.